Next Stop: Batty

Hangin' by a thread, here. I'm just sayin'.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

My Waldorf School Kids Are Just So WEIRD


Heard from the peanut gallery in the backseat of the minivan:

Taylor (7): Okay...pick a game. You have to pick a game first. Space Galaxy Battle or Finding Fishies?

Carly (5): Space Battle.

Taylor: Space GALAXY Battle.

Carly: Yeah.

Taylor: Click here for Space Galaxy Battle.

Carly: Okay.

Taylor: Okay, Go!!

Carly: Aaaargh! Bam! Bam! Ahhhhh!

Taylor: Okay. Pause it. Pause it! You have to use the mouse to move left and right, okay? Ready, go! No, faster! Get that guy! Get him! Get him! Use the super fuel button!

Both: Yeah!!! Whooo-peee!

Taylor: Now, it's my turn.

Carly: Okay, just let me close this down. Click! There.

Taylor: Okay.


What happened here? Did Mommy give in on the electronics and media thing? Did alfalfa-chompin'-TV-bannin'-progress-shunnin'-ME relent and purchase the dreaded GAME BOY??

Hell, no. But years of deprivation have obviously and irretrievably twisted my children. They now play hand-held computer games in the backseat of the car using...a plastic green baby wipes box. God, they're weird. And God, I'm proud.

Ladies and Gents, here's my battle cry: toss the TV. Cut the computer. Defy the Disney tide. And you, too, can have wonderfully weird kids, like mine.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

THAT's what I'm talking about! Every time I see one of those minivans w/ the DVD player spewing it makes me cringe. Individualized game design is where it's at! (Song singing and true life story telling are pretty big in our family.)

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so hilarious.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

I LOVE those girlies! Game design in your mind is where it's AT! Now if we could just get them to podcast from the backseat we could give the world some subscribable girlpower! (PS: I finished my tag homework.)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Isn't it hysterical to watch our non-mainstream kids try to relate to the mainstream world? Great story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home