Next Stop: Batty

Hangin' by a thread, here. I'm just sayin'.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Shirking and Shrieking

Bless me, Internet, for I have shirked. It has been nearly a week since my last post. This is merely due to my foolish decision to go to bed at a reasonable hour while Steve was away on business. I had high hopes this practice would keep Mommy-I-Don't-Want-To-Be at bay. Hmmm...well...sleep helped. But MIDWTB still showed up every now and then just to urge the children to GET. DRESSSSSSSSED! and to PUT. THAT. STUFF. AWAAAAAAY! and to please, for the love of Betsy (or similar) STOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPIT! Note to self: frantically scanning parenting books following insane shrieking episodes does not undo freakish childhood children have already suffered and in fact serves only to inspire guilt and deep self-loathing. In future, must read said books before said shrieking. Therefore, must set aside time at 5 AM to read "being a good mommy" books before daily insatiable urge to shriek commences. Suggested topic for tomorrow morning's study... Your 5-Year-Old's Wardrobe: Loving and Healthy Alternatives to the Straightjacket.

3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try to call on patient mommy, but she is usually making cupcakes from scratch or dreaming up some fabulous craft project. Now that E has decided to have an opinion about what she wears, morning dressing is requiring extra patient mommy who is usually no where to be found before coffee has been consumed... Damn these alter egos!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Hee hee hee! Taking a job that gets me out of the house just as D is waking up (thereby excusing me from all morning Mommy duties)? Best deal ever!

Did make him cry on the way up to bed the other night by letting him know that someday he'd be too big for me to carry, but that's another story.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am -- leaving a comment - -because I read this stuff -- AND DAMN WOMAN YOU ARE FUNNY! Seriously -- you are so funny. Ok now will you stop calling and hounding me about posting a comment? Haha -- no really. No really -- I mean really you are funny. I am so funny. I slay myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home